Kids are hungry and not just for food.
I recently met with a group of young people, ages 10 to 17.
Here is their list of things some of them are starving for:
- more support and less criticisms for creative expressions
- adults who know how to listen and help them feel safe
- less conflict, drama, and stress from the adults in their lives
- spiritual nourishment
- better examples from their adult leaders for being honest and trustworthy
- HOPE for their future
- greater focus for better solutions instead of emphasis on all their problems
- parents and teachers with more maturity than their kids and students
- to feel heard
- to feel successful
to be continued
www.keepkidssafebooks.com and grumpypeoplebooks.com